New Primary School Donabate 2020

A forum for our younger members
Post Reply
RochelleD-Jones
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2018, 18:55
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by RochelleD-Jones » 27 Feb 2019, 22:06

HI All,

They will be building a new primary school in Donabate in 2020. It is up to us the community to help influence the patronage of the school.

I personally am hoping for another Educate Together School. Its near impossible to get your child into the current school. My son was registered when he was 13months old to start school in 2021 in Donabate and he is still very unlikely to make the list. With the population growing and more families moving to the area new schools are vital.

If you feel the same and want to see another Educate Together school in Donabate please get behind the campaign and register your interest to be kept up to date with the campaign .

https://educatetogether.us2.list-manage ... 9f46fb17aa

Zo123
Posts: 21
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 19:24

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Zo123 » 28 Feb 2019, 20:04

Signed

Where exactly is this school to be located?

aoifey
Posts: 55
Joined: 02 Nov 2017, 10:38
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by aoifey » 01 Mar 2019, 09:22

personally i think a new school should be of different patronage to the current schools. Not everyone is happy with the methods in educate Together just as not everyone is happy with the methods in the Catholic schools.

There are other forms of patronage such as the Community National School run by the VEC which would give more balance and options to people.

Seamus
Posts: 20
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 18:32

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Seamus » 01 Mar 2019, 10:38

And don't forget about the possibility of a Gaelscoil. We already have an educate together school here. The next one should have a different patronage such as an ETB as you suggest Aoifey or a Gaelscoil.

RochelleD-Jones
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2018, 18:55
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by RochelleD-Jones » 01 Mar 2019, 16:02

I am not fully sure where the new school will be build as there are mention of 3new school sites in the development plan. So not fully sure which they will be .

Just wanted to point out this is a personal preference but I am more than happy for others to also use this thread to include information on what they would prefer for a new primary school and include links etc .

User avatar
Ken
Site Admin
Posts: 1270
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 13:03
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Ken » 01 Mar 2019, 16:10

I believe it will be in the Ballymastone development.
Regards,

Ken.

Zo123
Posts: 21
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 19:24

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Zo123 » 01 Mar 2019, 18:37

Is 2020 not a bit optimistic so?
I'd imagine the housing in that development will start and finish before a school?

TheBlowIn
Posts: 61
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 10:34

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by TheBlowIn » 03 Mar 2019, 22:44

Zo123 wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 18:37
Is 2020 not a bit optimistic so?
I'd imagine the housing in that development will start and finish before a school?
Probably optimistic. I think it's more lilkely that the Educate Together or Scoil Phadraig schools would be extended to cope with current demand, with a new school dedicated to Ballymastone as it is built.

A Gaelscoil sounds like a good idea to spread the partronage around.

Seamus
Posts: 20
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 18:32

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Seamus » 04 Mar 2019, 12:46

TheBlowIn wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 22:44
Zo123 wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 18:37
Is 2020 not a bit optimistic so?
I'd imagine the housing in that development will start and finish before a school?
Probably optimistic. I think it's more lilkely that the Educate Together or Scoil Phadraig schools would be extended to cope with current demand, with a new school dedicated to Ballymastone as it is built.

A Gaelscoil sounds like a good idea to spread the partronage around.
From a quick look at the local area plan in section 6.1.2 which deals with schools, there are plans for three new primary schools and one new secondary school. These sites are at Corballis, Spires East (also referred to as Ballymastone - Southern section) and Ballymastone - northeastern section.

Based on the phasing for development in Donabate contained in the local area plan at section 9.1., the lands at Turvey, Rahillion and Corballis West are to be developed in Phase one, the lands at Corballis West and a portion of Corballis West and Spires East are to be developed in Phase 2 and the remainder of Corballis East and Ballymastone are to be developed in Phase 3.

Based on these zonings and the locations of the schools marked out on the map at Figure 6.1, the order of construction of the schools should be:

1. Spires East

2. Corballis West

3. Ballymastone

User avatar
Vlad the Impaler
Posts: 415
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 07:36
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Vlad the Impaler » 04 Mar 2019, 21:03

A gaelscoil would be a great option.

Having a second language at an early age is a great head start for kids and makes it easier to learn other languages later.

RochelleD-Jones
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 May 2018, 18:55
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by RochelleD-Jones » 04 Mar 2019, 21:05

Seamus wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 12:46
TheBlowIn wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 22:44
Zo123 wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 18:37
Is 2020 not a bit optimistic so?
I'd imagine the housing in that development will start and finish before a school?
Probably optimistic. I think it's more lilkely that the Educate Together or Scoil Phadraig schools would be extended to cope with current demand, with a new school dedicated to Ballymastone as it is built.

A Gaelscoil sounds like a good idea to spread the partronage around.
From a quick look at the local area plan in section 6.1.2 which deals with schools, there are plans for three new primary schools and one new secondary school. These sites are at Corballis, Spires East (also referred to as Ballymastone - Southern section) and Ballymastone - northeastern section.

Based on the phasing for development in Donabate contained in the local area plan at section 9.1., the lands at Turvey, Rahillion and Corballis West are to be developed in Phase one, the lands at Corballis West and a portion of Corballis West and Spires East are to be developed in Phase 2 and the remainder of Corballis East and Ballymastone are to be developed in Phase 3.

Based on these zonings and the locations of the schools marked out on the map at Figure 6.1, the order of construction of the schools should be:

1. Spires East

2. Corballis West

3. Ballymastone


I just found this online, suggests the first will be Corballis lands.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fi ... 66742.html

Zo123
Posts: 21
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 19:24

Re: New Primary School Donabate 2020

Post by Zo123 » 05 Mar 2019, 00:27

Is the Corballis school definitely West not East?
Corballis West doesn't seem like it has much room for anything other than residential.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190110-211132.jpg

Post Reply