Mud on Roads from Developments

Seamus

Mud on Roads from Developments

Post by Seamus » 12 Feb 2019, 16:29

Has anyone else noticed the volume of mud on the roads caused by the developments taking place? Fingal County Council is not doing its job in enforcing planning conditions. The builders are getting away with murder out here.

pat mustard

Re: Mud on Roads from Developments

Post by pat mustard » 13 Feb 2019, 08:20

yep agree, my car is the filthiest in work car park :( :D

But on a serious note, as you say, its a disgrace, if it rains the surface will be slippy under braking.

Boa Prinz

Post by Boa Prinz » 18 Feb 2019, 18:52

And the local garage puts up its car drive thru cleaning machine in support of its biggest customers. Did someone say 'taking advantage:

There's a place in blakes Cross that does it by hand for 8 euros. I'll be using this in future. Long after the MUD has been cleared from our streets. Folk have long memories.

The garage owner also sells over priced bales of briquettes in winter to help its biggest customers who need to get warm locally. Who needs extra money in the winter anyway.

A round of applause please in support of our local garage supporting its biggest customers... the local community

Fr Jack

Post by Fr Jack » 19 Feb 2019, 15:15

Seamus wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 16:29
Has anyone else noticed the volume of mud on the roads caused by the developments taking place? Fingal County Council is not doing its job in enforcing planning conditions. The builders are getting away with murder out here.
How long have you resided in Donabate? Donabate has been agricultural up til now and there has always been muck on the roads at certain times of the year.

Jabba

Post by Jabba » 19 Feb 2019, 17:08

Boa Prinz wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:52

There's a place in blakes Cross that does it by hand for 8 euros. I
Where in Blake's Cross is this - as there was a lovely man who used to hand wash cars at the old petrol station before it was redeveloped ?

Sleepy

Post by Sleepy » 20 Feb 2019, 15:20

They're based in the Top Oil service station. Do a good job too.

That said, I got it done two weeks ago and within a few days of driving around the area and parking at the train station during the week, it was utterly filthy again. Think we're just going to have to get used to having dirty cars on the peninsula!

diggerbarnes

Post by diggerbarnes » 20 Feb 2019, 17:18

I keep mine dirty all the time. Don't have to get used to anything that way.

Seamus

Post by Seamus » 21 Feb 2019, 10:57

Fr Jack wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 15:15
Seamus wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 16:29
How long have you resided in Donabate? Donabate has been agricultural up til now and there has always been muck on the roads at certain times of the year.
Tractors and farm machinery have never caused this level of mud and for this length of time. Farmers, unlike developers, care for their locality.