The moving of the Seabees

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
RJS

The moving of the Seabees

Post by RJS » 06 Oct 2020, 11:21

So, the selflessness of <Admin Edit> in Beach Lane strikes again. what a total waste of energy it was to move one row of seabees back against the dunes. this will only cause the sand between the now two sets of seabees to be washed away even quicker.

I hope that he is prosecuted and fined heavily, plus the FCC charge him for the costs of reinstating the seabees back to the position where they can dissipate the sea's energy the best.

Admin Note - please don't identify individuals on the forum. If you have a problem, take it up with them directly.

David kennedy

Re: The moving of the Seabees

Post by David kennedy » 14 Oct 2020, 17:37

I think you should listen to the advice from the administrator and go physically talk to the person you have an issue with. Or maybe this is the only way you can feel courage’s ?
Last edited by David kennedy on 14 Oct 2020, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

David kennedy

Post by David kennedy » 14 Oct 2020, 17:58

Post your name, you have mine.
Last edited by David kennedy on 14 Oct 2020, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.

Dave McDonnell

Post by Dave McDonnell » 14 Oct 2020, 21:13

Meitheal is the old Irish tradition of locals getting together to help those in need. I think this is a great example of this as homes in the fields were in imminent danger. When the sea bees were placed, they were 56 inches tall but because of lack of maintenance and Council inertia some had sunk to 22 inches and now, are no longer providing much defense. Some locals got together and raised them up to their full height thereby cleverly conducting 3 experiments. 1) Two lines sunken with one line tall, nearer the dunes, 2)with small gaps between them, and 3)arranged as a solid wall, to try ascertain which was most functional in preserving the base on the dunes. If the bottom few inches are eroded the complete 15 foot high dune collapses. Five foot of land was lost in one night, in early September at high tide. As a daily beach walker, but not directly involved as a threatened home owner, I take my hat off to these heros for maintaining our Irish traditions, Davemac

Brego

Post by Brego » 15 Oct 2020, 13:29

Fair play to them. You've got to do all you can to protect your home. Even if it's in vain you can say you tried everything.