Renewable Energy

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane

Renewable Energy

Postby Stromboli » 18 Aug 2017, 18:56

Anyone got any idea what the latest windmills//solar panels are for ?
There's one just outside Newbridge and one just off the Portrane Road
Stromboli

Re: Renewable Energy

Postby Ruby1 » 18 Aug 2017, 19:18

They are for CCTV for the new hospital. This was on Adrian Henchy's Facebook page :
Update National Forensic Hospital St Ita's Portrane

As most people on the Peninsula will have observed in recent weeks the installation of two large CCTV poles at two strategic locations have been erected. They are located at just past the main entrance to Newbridge House and Farm and just off the Portrane road at the entrance to the construction access road to the new hospital.
The CCTV system at both locations is now operational, both CCTV Poles with cameras are to be strictly used on the Traffic Management Plan for the movement of construction traffic to and from the site of the New National Forensic Mental Hospital at St Ita’s Portrane.

Below are the specific times and conditions for construction traffic working on the construction of the National Forensic Hospital. It is important to distinguish that only construction traffic connected to this build must be in compliance with the restrictions outlined below. Outside of these restrictions construction times, the site is operational from 7am to 7pm weekdays and Saturdays- 8am-4.30pm, no construction traffic on Sunday’s. If you have any issue in relation to the construction traffic for the new National Forensic Hospital please email logistics@rhatiganohl.com and indeed feel free to let me know also.

The following conditions have been agreed too between the developer and the local authority, Monday to Friday only with no Saturday restrictions;

07.45am to 09.20am, No truck movements through the village
17.00pm-18.30pm, No truck movements through village

Additional times have been set during School Term

13.05pm to 15.35pm (Monday to Thursday) - No truck movements through the village or past the Schools
12.40pm to 15.00pm (Friday) – No truck movements through the village or past the Schools

As your local Councillor, I will continue to campaign for the exact same traffic restrictions and conditions as outlined above for any new planning applications that are submitted to Fingal County Council for Donabate and Portrane until the new Donabate Distributor Road is fully operational.
Ruby1

Postby Jabba » 13 Sep 2017, 10:07

Something caught by eye this morning as heading out of Donabate via Turvey Avenue, I passed three large trucks in quick succession - two looked to be carrying gravel. They were heading the opposite way towards the village. Just wondering if they have coped on to the CCTV on the Hearse Road and are using Turvey Avenue to access the village ?

This was about 8.50 and I'll keep an eye on this
Jabba

Postby boscoredhead » 13 Sep 2017, 10:47

All complaints regarding breached of hours etc should be forwarded as follows, see email below.

Dear all,

I would be most grateful if you could re-issue the email address below for any construction traffic queries on NFMHS project through your channels in the community.

logistics.department@rhatiganohl.com

Thanks in advance.

Sinéad McGovern, MPRII, MMII
Consultation Communications Liaison Manager

T: +353 1 642 4745 | M: +353 87 132 7208 |F:+353 1 642 4793 |

Sinéad McGovern| Office of Head of Estates | Sir Patrick Dun's Hospital | Lower Grand Canal Street | Dublin 2 | D02 P667| T: +353 1 642 4745 | M: +353 87 132 7208 |Email: sinead.mcgovern@hse.ie |

Sinéad McGovern| Oifig Cheannasaí na nEastát | Sir Patrick Duns | Sráid na Canálach Móire Íochtarach | Baile Átha Cliath 2 (Eircode: D02 P667)
boscoredhead

Postby Austy » 13 Sep 2017, 12:36

Jabba wrote:Something caught by eye this morning as heading out of Donabate via Turvey Avenue, I passed three large trucks in quick succession - two looked to be carrying gravel. They were heading the opposite way towards the village. Just wondering if they have coped on to the CCTV on the Hearse Road and are using Turvey Avenue to access the village ?

This was about 8.50 and I'll keep an eye on this

Those trucks could be servicing the Beresford development off Turvey Ave and are not subject to the restrictions placed on the new hospital works.
Austy

Postby Ken » 13 Sep 2017, 19:59

There was a constant procession of trucks with gravel to the new development behind Cois Inbhir today. AFAIK, the checks are only for trucks working on the NFMH site.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion