Secondary school options

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane

Secondary school options

Postby Banana » 04 Sep 2017, 10:59

I've a boy and girl for secondary school in a couple of years time and I'm at the sussing out secondary schools options stage.

My preference would be to send them to the local school for many reasons, but I'm aware there was a bit of controversy about the Community College - has it settled down now ?
Banana

Re: Secondary school options

Postby SB123 » 04 Sep 2017, 14:29

Our eldest is in 2nd year this year. She has settled well, and is happy. Plenty to keep her busy and challenged. A very caring staff and great class mates.
SB123

Postby Sleepy » 13 Sep 2017, 12:56

We were in to the Open Night at the Community College last night and I was pleasantly surprised after seeing some negative comments on here in the past.

The teachers all seem young and enthusiastic, the building is amazingly well equipped (compared to my own schooldays at least) and the students presenting and acting as tour-guides were a credit to the school. Our lad can't wait to start there next year.
Sleepy

Postby Heisenberg » 13 Sep 2017, 13:28

I agree, the school is talked about negatively by a minority. My daughter had a great time there too last night and is really excited about starting their next year. Teachers were very friendly and willing to assist in any way. Glad we have such a school in the community and remember its still relatively new so we have got to give it a chance.
Heisenberg

Postby Banana » 13 Sep 2017, 15:01

that's great to hear - thanks for the feedback !
Banana

Return to General Discussion