Cars 'Parked' on the Beaverstown Road at Educate together

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane

Cars 'Parked' on the Beaverstown Road at Educate together

Postby misterrabo » 06 Oct 2017, 10:34

I use 'parked' as the term as even though the drivers are waiting to turn into the school, the are effectively stopped on the road for 5 or so minutes in a long line thus making it impossible/difficult for people to get by them.

I complain about this all the time, but realised that I actually don't know the legality of this.
Does anyone know if these people are actually allowed to just effectively stop on a main road like this whilst waiting to turn into the school?
misterrabo

Re: Cars 'Parked' on the Beaverstown Road at Educate togethe

Postby Ken » 06 Oct 2017, 12:26

This has been discussed a few times here. They are either waiting for the gates of the school to open or for other cars to move around the pick up area so they can enter the school.

I mentioned it to the principal of the school previously and she said that they are blue in the face asking parents not to obstruct Beaverstown Road or the adjoining estates but there are a few who still insist on doing it. I have a child in the school and in fairness to them, they make this request to parents regularly.

I'm pretty sure this is illegal as they are obstructing the road.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Spider » 06 Oct 2017, 14:47

They should just shut the drop off zone. I've had children in the school myself and this problem has been ongoing for years. It obviously isn't working. Why parents can't park in the Community Centre and walk the short distance to the school is beyond me. Access to the drop off zone should be reserved for those with mobility issues.
Spider

Postby Vlad the Impaler » 07 Oct 2017, 13:54

The Lesser Spotted School Run Mum, is an entitled creature that often roams in herds.

Characteristics of their behavior are reluctance to let you out at a junction, general disregard for other road users, and an unwillingness to walk further than 100 meters when not in the mood.

The LSSRM can often be relied upon to hold you up at the cashier while they make small talk and then spend a further 5 minutes digging around their handbag for a purse.

David Attenborough did a great show on BBC on this topic.
Vlad the Impaler

Postby Bawner » 12 Oct 2017, 19:10

Hear hear Vlad.

There is also a species that seems completely oblivious to the fact that they need to make a payment when making purchases. So cashier calls out an amount and only then do they commence the 5 minute bag search ritual.

Garda clinic in centre this evening should offer some insight on legality of this. However I think it would fall under driving without due care and attention.
Bawner

Postby Bill_Lumbergh » 17 Oct 2017, 19:37

Bawner wrote:There is also a species that seems completely oblivious to the fact that they need to make a payment when making purchases. So cashier calls out an amount and only then do they commence the 5 minute bag search ritual.

LOL, don't start me on the crowds going through airports. "What do you mean I can't have a 2 litre of Pepsi in my carry on?"
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion