BEAVERSTOWN ROAD

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane

BEAVERSTOWN ROAD

Postby lofty » 26 Oct 2018, 12:01

For the love of god does anyone know when the water contractor will be finished on the Beaverstown Road!.

This is causing huge inconvenience, why can't it be done outside of peak times (cost cost cost).

Anyone know if the entire road will be resurfaced cos the wear and tear on our private vehicles is immense.
I'm sure the upgrade will be beneficial for all us local residents but is it just me or has this road been dug up more times than an undertaker would dare to.
lofty

Re: BEAVERSTOWN ROAD

Postby Ken » 26 Oct 2018, 12:16

The last press release form the council did mention that Beaverstown Road is due to be resurfaced. However, don't be surprised if it then gets dug up again by Eir or another service provider the week after. :D

It has been said many times over the years that close to 50% of our water supply is lost though leaking water mains and that we should be focusing on upgrading the infrastructure. Given the amount of work and disruption involved in replacing a relatively short stretch of water main, it does underline the almost impossible task that Irish Water have.

It is a nuisance, but hopefully the problems we've experienced over the last few years will be behind us when it's finished.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 26 Oct 2018, 12:27

Just saw a notice from FCC. Beaverstown Road resurfacing to start next Tuesday.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby lofty » 26 Oct 2018, 12:49

Cheers Ken.
lofty

Postby Ann O » 26 Oct 2018, 22:40

Ken wrote:....Given the amount of work and disruption involved in replacing a relatively short stretch of water main...

Wasn't that all replaced around 10 years ago when they replaced the mains all the way up the Portrane Road ?

That Beaverstown Road area was never the same since those works were completed that time, that new main has been patched that many times since that they're having to replace it already :roll:
Ann O
Site Admin

Postby Ken » 26 Oct 2018, 23:06

I don't think so Ann. I remember them digging a trench the length of Beaverstown Road a few years back. That was either Eircom or Gas IIRC. Pretty sure it wasn't for the water main.

I believe there are areas of Swords having similar issues with regular burst pipes due to old water mains. It's going to get more common.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby beachboy » 27 Oct 2018, 05:49

Anyone else have water this morning on the Beaverstown road?? I still have no water since yesterday!!
beachboy

Postby benson » 27 Oct 2018, 19:16

Our water is back we're in Eden Grove
benson

Postby Ken » 07 Nov 2018, 14:04

I was wondering how long it would be before the new road surface was dug up. I was hoping it would be longer than a week. It wasn't to be as they are already digging outside the ET today.

And the ramps. Some of them are like mounting kerbs which is surely OTT. I thought they were grand after they resurfaced, but they appear to have raised them further.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion