The Gallery - Still a good buy?

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
albert

The Gallery - Still a good buy?

Post by albert » 10 Apr 2019, 12:24

Hello,

My wife and I have inspected two apartments in The Gallery & thought they looked great.

Given the negativity on here recently, we're a little bit concerned.

Can anyone give any insights on the apartments? What is it like to live there?

A lot of have sold in the past few years which makes me wonder if we should proceed...

Thanks in advance,
Albert

Alx

Re: The Gallery - Still a good buy?

Post by Alx » 11 Apr 2019, 09:36

Hi Albert

I own an apartment in The Gallery and have been living there for over a year. As a relative newbie to The Gallery and Donabate my experience so far is that it's a quiet family friendly development. The quality of the apartments are really good and the location is unbelievable with the train literally 4 minutes walk away. I find the property management company easy to deal with and they reply to any requests very quickly. The green areas are also well kept. I've never had any issues with neighbours either and everyone is really friendly. The only negatives I can think of is after 9pm it can be difficult to get parking right outside your block but I've always got parking elsewhere in the development. For me, the apartments are bright and spacious and it's a really safe area to live in so I recommend buying/living there. Hope that helps!

Roger81

Post by Roger81 » 11 Apr 2019, 12:01

I’ve owned a property in The Gallery since 2006. I’ve had a very positive experience living there.

I’ve had the same neighbour since 2006 above me and various tenants next door have never been an issue.

Originally it was young couples and singles who lived here but now it’s great to see kids playing in the green areas. Generally it’s very quiet and everyone is very nice.

The apartment build quality is excellent and the development has aged very well. The property management company are very quick to respond in my experience and the grounds are very well kept.

Parking can be an issue late at night but generally it’s ok.

The location is perfect. Right beside the train station, which gets you into town in 25 minutes. Malahide is just 4 minutes via train and Swords 7 mins via bus.

Newbridge House is just across the road and is a great place for a stroll.

There appears to be a lot of unwarranted scaremongering online and in my experience I have had no issues. Donabate is lovely place to live, full of young families and professionals.

The Gallery apartments themselves are specious and bright. They have always been well sought after.

albert

Post by albert » 11 Apr 2019, 12:41

Thanks for the input guys - much appreciated!

Trying to get a viewing sorted for next week, so I'll go from there 🙂

albert

Post by albert » 11 Apr 2019, 12:42

Wait, you both joined today 🤔

How do I know you're not the guys selling 🤔

Alx

Post by Alx » 11 Apr 2019, 14:06

Ha! Good point, but I'm not selling. I've been reading posts on this site for the past few months but joined today so I could reply to you as I genuinely love living in The Gallery and could honestly share my experience. I've noticed a bit of negativity on here lately (and saw that you mentioned that negativity and had concerns about the place) and instead of giving out about it I thought I could add to the conversation.

Roger81

Post by Roger81 » 15 Apr 2019, 23:23

Ha almost! I’ll be renting it soon as I’ve bought a new house in Donabate. Good luck with viewing, the Gallery is a lovely spot.