Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Post Reply
albert
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Apr 2019, 12:20
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

Post by albert » 15 May 2019, 00:01

Hi,

Has anybody else noticed we've had a few Garda patrolling the streets recently?

Great to see it. I know we really need our own station, but it's comforting to know they're there...

dearg11
Posts: 26
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 11:10
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

Post by dearg11 » 15 May 2019, 13:38

Yeah it's great isn't it ,and they're even fixing the Aleppo style potholes at the end of Turvey Avenue at the moment....strange you would think there were a few sweating people worried about elections or something

aoifey
Posts: 55
Joined: 02 Nov 2017, 10:38
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

Post by aoifey » 15 May 2019, 14:49

albert wrote:
15 May 2019, 00:01
Hi,

Has anybody else noticed we've had a few Garda patrolling the streets recently?

Great to see it. I know we really need our own station, but it's comforting to know they're there...
i havent noticed any. same as i havent noticed any for the last 20 years or so.
if you are seeing an increase, don't worry, i'm sure normal levels will resume once the election is over

Links
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 14:44

Re: Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

Post by Links » 20 May 2019, 17:32

Hopefully it’s to deal with the gangs hiding along Hearse road and throwing rocks at cars. My wife came home very upset last weekend as massive rocks were thrown at her car at full speed. Could be life threatening.

They may be youths and the law will only go so far but as a community the time to take action is not too far away.

Cathal
Posts: 7
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 08:43

Re: Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

Post by Cathal » 20 May 2019, 20:14

dearg11 wrote:
15 May 2019, 13:38
Yeah it's great isn't it ,and they're even fixing the Aleppo style potholes at the end of Turvey Avenue at the moment....
The Garda are fixing potholes, that’s great, I never seen them do that before

albert
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Apr 2019, 12:20
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Increased Garda presence in Donabate recently?

Post by albert » 30 Jun 2019, 19:29

Cathal wrote:
20 May 2019, 20:14
dearg11 wrote:
15 May 2019, 13:38
Yeah it's great isn't it ,and they're even fixing the Aleppo style potholes at the end of Turvey Avenue at the moment....
The Garda are fixing potholes, that’s great, I never seen them do that before
I don't think that's what she was referring to 🙂

Post Reply