Donabate Portrane Community & Leisure Centre

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
RochelleD-Jones

Donabate Portrane Community & Leisure Centre

Post by RochelleD-Jones » 25 May 2019, 21:28

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can give me any feed back on the Donabate Portrane Community and leisure Centre.

What is there gym like ? Does it get busy ?
I can see you can hire the sports facilities, are there any leagues there? Or like 5 a side etc? We are moving into the area and my husband would be interested in joining a 5 a side league etc. Nothing to serious but just for fun.
Is there anything for the kids etc?
Also, does anyone else just have any general feedback on the facility .

Thanks everyone.

SB123

Re: Donabate Portrane Community & Leisure Centre

Post by SB123 » 27 May 2019, 16:32

A well run and well maintained community centre. Plenty of events organised and run in sports hall, studios and meeting rooms.
There’s an information stand at reception with details of the current classes etc. Most children’s sports clubs finish their season for the summer months but often have a summer camp for a couple of weeks.

I’ve been a member of the gym for the last 5 years. A good choice of classes available daily. Timetable at reception and on Facebook/ Instagram - Fresh Fitness

Or a choice of getting your own training plan or using the machines and weights in the gym.

The gym and classes are busier now that the population of Donabate is growing. Evening classes need to be booked early to secure a place.

Plenty of sports clubs and activities in Donabate.