As the evenings shorten, idiocy returns

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Tomat

As the evenings shorten, idiocy returns

Post by Tomat » 16 Sep 2020, 20:35

This eveningSept 16 after 3 hours of fireworks going off, about 10-12 teenagers, some in the local GAA strip gathered to throw fireworks at the entrance to The Priory. This after the usual firework stupidity beside the graveyard. Have a look in the fields beside there and appreciate the dumped plastic and broken glass all around.

One almost hit a car, whether intended or not, hoods went up and they scattered.

Spoke to someone visiting the area, who took a bin bag of fireworks from one of those responsible as they bolted from the scene.

Gardaí have been notified and apparently names of some involved are known.

The effect this appalling behaviour is having on some sections of our community and on local pets is disgraceful.

So, to the parents of these idiots, pretend you care about where you live, and do something.

If you really want to know what they are doing, take a look at their mobile phones

Tomat

Re: As the evenings shorten, idiocy returns

Post by Tomat » 17 Sep 2020, 16:32

And the firework idiots have returned.

What kind of selfish self centred person, I cannot use the word parent anymore, thinks it is acceptable to give teenagers/ tweenagers fireworks then send them to other parts of Donabate to set them off?

A major accident is waiting to happen.

Spider

Post by Spider » 17 Sep 2020, 18:27

Unfortunately there is a cohort of parents who don't care where their kids are or what they're up to as long as they don't have to deal with them.

Tomat

Post by Tomat » 18 Sep 2020, 10:37

I took photographs of the garbage dumped beside Donabate Cemetery, as I expect those, alleged, parents are incapabke of walking over to see for themselves and to clean up the huge amount dumped there.

Alas, the site here is not letting me post the images.

With the size of some of the rocket style fireworks being used, I think, unfortunately, we can expect stories of injuries soon.

Fr Jack

Post by Fr Jack » 19 Sep 2020, 22:02

Gobshites and fireworks. Watch this space!!

Aster

Post by Aster » 21 Sep 2020, 20:21

I am particularly annoyed by this as I have dogs and they are deeply upset by the noise. It's actually a cruelty, but one we put up with in the name of everyone getting along.

But this year has been exceptionally bad with some of these eejits starting about 3pm. My friend's three year old has worked out that it's pointless to let fireworks off during daylight hours.

Clearly these kids have more money than sense.

Derek

Post by Derek » 24 Sep 2020, 22:49

The wannabe Guy Fawkes' seem to have blown themselves out? Quitened down since the start of the week. Any particular reason for this?

diggerbarnes

Post by diggerbarnes » 25 Sep 2020, 08:21

We usually stopped when we ran out of money.

Aster

Post by Aster » 25 Sep 2020, 22:28

Heard from a Garda that there was a kid in Temple Street missing a hand due to a firework. Maybe word has travelled and parents are taking a bit of notice? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Derek

Post by Derek » 27 Sep 2020, 10:10

T'was interesting in the area last night. In fact I did wonder if somehow we had all wound our clocks back 80 years to wartime London during the blitz. I was sure I heard an air raid siren at one stage during the onslaught which started mid afternoon and persisted well into the small hours.

Whatever about kids being given free reign by laissez-faire parents, setting of fireworks past 4am is particularly special kind of stupid and doubtful if the was the handiwork of a kid. Does anyone know what area in particular these were being let off?

I'll close out with this. It makes for grim reading, and the same victim was interviewed on Joe Duffy's Liveline on Friday. His injuries were severe and the first house he turned to in great distress for help told him his injuries "served him right" for letting of fireworks. Don't let this be your kid, or you if you like letting them off at 4am

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.4364752

Banana

Post by Banana » 27 Sep 2020, 13:10

On Friday evening about 7 pm two lads on an electric scooter on way to portrane chucked a firework under the 33 bus causing a massive bang, sparks etc. Fair play to the bus driver and the 3 cars following everyone managed to stop safely....but couldhave been a serious accident.

Tomat

Post by Tomat » 28 Sep 2020, 15:43

Aster wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 22:28
Heard from a Garda that there was a kid in Temple Street missing a hand due to a firework. Maybe word has travelled and parents are taking a bit of notice? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Alas as we all know this is not the case, started d again shortly after 3pm today, and using more powerful rockets.

Simple solution, block child welfare parents to parents not controlling their offspring. Only when they are out of pocket will these "parents" actually get off their... and do something, because they very clearly do not care about the community and what is taking place.

Minnie85

Post by Minnie85 » 04 Oct 2020, 08:50

Disgraceful behaviour last night again just outside Somerton, group of teenagers letting off bangers and fireworks until the guards arrived at about 2330, the noise of them shouting and the noise of the fireworks woke my two young babies several times! They don’t look much older than 14/15!!?????

Tomat

Post by Tomat » 04 Oct 2020, 23:31

Minnie85 wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 08:50
Disgraceful behaviour last night again just outside Somerton, group of teenagers letting off bangers and fireworks until the guards arrived at about 2330, the noise of them shouting and the noise of the fireworks woke my two young babies several times! They don’t look much older than 14/15!!?????
Until such time as guards charge the,, so called, parents and they get fined, nothing will change.

They don't give a damn, firing fireworks at houses this evening.

nommy

Post by nommy » 18 Oct 2020, 13:55

They're at it again now. Hearing a firework every minute for last half hour! Sounds like it's coming from The Priory again.

Derek

Post by Derek » 18 Oct 2020, 14:21

nommy wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 13:55
They're at it again now. Hearing a firework every minute for last half hour! Sounds like it's coming from The Priory again.
Yep, three gobshites in the fields behind the Priory.