Are there any car storage/garage/sheds to rent?

Handymen, etc. put your services in here
Jozi

Are there any car storage/garage/sheds to rent?

Post by Jozi » 19 Aug 2018, 09:22

Hi, new to the forum, myself and my partner are considering moving to Donabate and have viewed a few properties to date.

Unfortunately, not many, if any at all, properties have a garage or even the possibility of building a garage in the back garden

I have a classic car which I'm restoring/maintaining and currently renting a shed with a friend near Whitehall where I keep it. It's looking very likely that we'll end up buying something without a shed/garage and keeping my car in Whitehall, while still being an option, isn't ideal because I wouldn't be able to work away in the evenings or when it suits me.

I'm wondering if there's something similar in or around Donabate where I could rent a big enough space to store a car and ideally work on it also when needed?

Ann O
Site Admin

Re: Are there any car storage/garage/sheds to rent?

Post by Ann O » 19 Aug 2018, 21:09

There was a place down that laneway beside Jones' Garden Centre, around the back of a house, that rented shipping containers out for storage. It's a few years since I was down there, and don't know the name of the house.

I believe Fingal Vintage Society members used it, so maybe they can help with a contact if it's still going.

Jozi

Post by Jozi » 20 Aug 2018, 11:43

Thanks Ann, I couldn't find a website for them but I've sent them a message on Facebook.

If anyone else has any leads it would make me very happy if I could find somewhere local that could store a car!

Derek

Post by Derek » 20 Aug 2018, 12:20

Out of curiosity (or outright nosiness !!) can I ask what car you are restoring? Being thinking of doing same when I have time to turn my hand to it. :)

Jozi

Post by Jozi » 21 Aug 2018, 22:36

It's a 1990 BMW 3 series. I've a little way to go yet with it.

What had you in mind yourself?

Derek

Post by Derek » 21 Aug 2018, 22:54

Funnily enough, a nice E30 estate would be my thing!

Georgeous confortable car, even by today's standards.

Jozi

Post by Jozi » 21 Aug 2018, 23:02

Like mine so ;)

If you've been around the E30 scene at all some years ago you probably know mind