2. Alan Farrell
3. Darragh O'Brien
4. Louise O’Reilly
5. Brendan Ryan

Once, Brexit madness happens we'll be having an election. I predict:

1. Darragh O'Brien -- will top the poll
2. Clare Daly -- number 2
3. Louise O'Reilly- Shinners are on the march
4. James Reilly - will win his seat back. Has been active on ground and shows his face in the Senate, nice 20 million for Balbriggan which he'll take credit for and Farrell has been dormant. He won't be doing any vote management strategy this time around.
5. Clifford -Lee. She is good looking, has had lots of TV appearances and represents the working Mother so will gets lots of votes from Women and Men (for her looks mainly).

Alan Farrell is out. Hasn't been strong enough at either local or national level. FG won't care because he is not front bench material and not good enough at the pot hole stuff to be a good back bencher. He is gone.

Only other suprise will be is the social democrats get a big name on the ticket or the green get one. I'd see the shinner as possibly under threat there. She is not going to get the you're just a lady vote and the area isn't really Republican or nackery enough (yet) for the Shinners. Come back in 5 / 10 years time and it's will Shinners all the way as large parts of Fingal turns in Corduff part deux.

Labour are out. Just have lost their way politically. Their secular agenda is yesterday's news and the trade union movement well half of their members aren't happy with. So not sure who they appeal to. The hard left will go with Daly all the way.

Vlad the Impaler

Re: Politicians: Hot or Not?

Post by Vlad the Impaler » 12 Dec 2018, 13:45

Yep, can't argue with that.

If Farrell goes, then I'll be happy. Arrogant git with no obvious skills.

Clifford-Lee is a numpty, but she will get a seat for the reasons you outline.

Quello Serio

Post by Quello Serio » 12 Dec 2018, 14:53

If you wouldn't call Lorraine Clifford-Lee that to her face, then you shouldn't say it here either. She's the only politician in the last few years that I've seen going door-to-door when there wasn't an election in progress.

I'd have no problem telling Alan Farrell that he is indeed an arrogant git.

Vlad the Impaler

Post by Vlad the Impaler » 12 Dec 2018, 15:26

I’ll happily call her a numpty for that whole sexism blather in the Senate the other week.

Quello Serio

Post by Quello Serio » 12 Dec 2018, 16:25

Fair enough. I've googled that now, but I don't understand what it was all about. The senate is a waste of space, time and money.

Vlad the Impaler

Post by Vlad the Impaler » 13 Dec 2018, 09:17

Yeah, the speaker told her to wait her turn for speaking and she pulled a Serena Williams on him.

Well, we had the chance to abolish the Senate, and the wise people of Ireland voted to keep it.

One good thing about increased populated in Donabate is that it should give us more pull in getting politicians' attention.

Derek

Post by Derek » 13 Dec 2018, 11:21

Brendan Ryan lives the furthest from our town, but is the only TD (if not publicly elected rep) who has a regular clinic here.

cyberjc

Post by cyberjc » 13 Dec 2018, 11:55

Do you think FG's spineless opposition to the Occupied Territories Bill could lose them votes in the next
election?

I will probably vote Labour as usual even though they don't impress!

Vlad the Impaler

Post by Vlad the Impaler » 13 Dec 2018, 13:44

All the best to the Palestinians and the Israelis, but I'm more concerned about Fine Gael focussing on a proper transport strategy for our east coast than the middle east. Proper housing planning also.

It's a big world out there, and you can take your pick of global issues - but it's a distraction when we're not doing so good on putting our own country back in shape, so let's prioritise, eh?

Roarsbaby

Post by Roarsbaby » 14 Dec 2018, 16:06

Wise words Vlad

Mr. Stupid

Post by Mr. Stupid » 14 Dec 2018, 23:15

The only difference between FF and FG is FF are even happier with large amounts of social housing in Dublin as they want to regain a lot of the vote they have lost to the hard left and shinners. FG are for the richer men but they don't care about Donabate. So from a Donabate perspective FG have done nothing are going to do nothing for the area. They will focus on the affluent areas where they get their money from.

bronorton

Post by bronorton » 17 Dec 2018, 09:04

Really struggling on who to vote for

FF - Clifford-Lee - the whole sexism thing has me turned right off her. And its FF, it will be a while before I can vote for them again. I dont really want more development in the area based on nudges and winks

FG - the state of transport here - they have made it worse not improved it, and they continue to blame FF for everything, no accountability at all and doing whatever they can do hold onto power. The last budget was an insult to workers and those who "get up early in the morning)

None of the parties actually stand for anything I believe in and all operate in the media driven middle ground.