Travellers mess

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Scotty

Travellers mess

Post by Scotty » 06 Feb 2020, 15:53

Just took the dog for a walk, up at Turvey allotments. The rubbish left by the travellers who pitched up and stayed in the car park, for three days is disgraceful. Bags of waste everywhere , also looks like garden waste clearance, just dumped as well. Spoke to one of forestry/ farm workers, who said FCC stated it’ll be two weeks before it’s cleaned.
Something to think of, when casting your vote , for any current county councillors, who are running in the election .
They just don’t seem interested in Donabate, at all.
And why are travellers never held to account for the mess they leave , when the rest of us get fined , if we do so much as put the wrong item in a green recycle bin!

Newguy29

Re: Travellers mess

Post by Newguy29 » 06 Feb 2020, 20:08

Hi,

What is the situation with the Travellers in Donabate? Have they just recently situated themselves there and are they being moved on from the area?

Beenthere

Post by Beenthere » 06 Feb 2020, 20:31

They were in Donabate for two nights I think but the mess they made up in the allotments was shocking. I was up there yesterday couldn't believe what they left. I would say that people would get together and tidy it but without being rude or describing too much you'd be handling stuff that you wouldnt want to handle without the right protective clothing. That's absolutely crappy from FCC cant believe they are going to leave that up there for a couple of weeks. Vote wisely folks..

Newguy29

Post by Newguy29 » 06 Feb 2020, 20:41

Sounds awful. At least they seem to have moved from the area and that will be the worst of it.

Fr Jack

Post by Fr Jack » 07 Feb 2020, 12:24

Something is very wrong in this country when travellers can set up camp and then demand money to move on. That is called extortion and means that FCC have been involved in negotiations with criminals and paying them our bloody taxes. I heard on the radio this morning about a woman who was fined €150 by another local authority for feeding seagulls. How much did the travellers get fined for messing up 2 properties?? Not a cent. They were actually rewarded. Disgrace.