Local elections upcoming

Mr. Stupid

With the local elections coming up we will lots of everyone wanting to save the world and turn the streets to gold.
What would be good to figure out is what are the differences between the candidates.

I might have this wrong and will edit it if I do but does Paul M want more and more social housing and Henchy only want was is in line with national guidelines?

Henchy seems much more into sport and in fairness sorted out the Hockey pitch but what about other activities? Who is more likely to help gets an arts (or what the cross road group) center built?

What about permeability around the area? Walking and cycling routes?

It would good to "real" differences and help people make up their mind.
Bongo68

Surpised there has been no response to this post to date as it is a very important issue for our community. come June 7th.

Personally speaking and having no political affiliations i would consider Corina Johnston an excellent choice for a new councillor in the peninsula which is badly needed.

A refresh and shake up is definitely required. here as things have got very stale and predictable with the cosey cartel of our current councillors.

Corina has done a lot of hard work which has gone unrecognised and was unlucky to miss out on a seat in 2019.

She only lost out by 224 votes to Paul Mulville in 2019.

I certainly can see her closing the gap here this time around.

In my opinion the difference with Coina is she cares about all issues within our community and is not focused solely on sport for example and is involved in sorting out issues outside the current councillor areas such as Beverton , Beresford etc etc.

Again In my opinion estates such as Beverton , Beresford etc etc have historically been ignored by Adrian Henchy and Paul Mulville.

Paul Mulville recently sent out a flyer about the Beverton / Ballisk Gate saying he supported its removal but this was just political grandstanding as he never showed any interest in the past for same. I can only assume he is nervous about his seat and is pathetically trying to garner votes. on this issue.
Pensioner

Adrian is a lovely lad and the last ten years are proof of how hard he works. Likewise Paul has done much more than his critics would have us believe. They both deserve to keep their seats. Labour were great when Sean Ryan was about and he set a benchmark that those who followed him since have failed miserably to reach. Likewise with Trevor Sargent. A great operator whom his successors won't hold a candle to. For that reason, red and green will get no vote from me, nor will blue shirt, shinner or the communists who Labour mercifully had the good sense to throw out years ago.